Friday, November 1, 2013

Hi, my name is Annie.

Hi, my name is Annie. I live in the dark recesses of the 'hoodrat's mind.

I ain't nothing nice. I'm dark and cruel.

Hoodie works really hard to keep me in check. She is my conscience, because I don't really give a fuck.

What she doesn't understand, though, is that I protect her.

All of that information she takes in that makes her so good at anticipating what people need? All of that perception she puts to use for good? All of that innate intuition and the information she gleans with it? I'm here filing it away, too. I see the chinks in your armor, and she loves you despite those chinks, pretending they don't matter.

All that blustering, snark and determination you see? That's hoodie donning my hat. She's way too soft to face the world. She's sweet and idealistic. She's prone to investing way too much of herself.

When you try and hurt her with some gaslighting type shit, or tear down her self-esteem, or otherwise act like a fucking jackass? I'm that bitch you have to deal with, and I know ALL your dirty, little secrets. I don't have to throw half-truths at you. I don't have to make you doubt yourself with innuendo. My aim is true in calling you on your bullshit. My words are meant to echo in your brain for years to come. If it hurts, it's because I meant for it to hurt. I will call you out on your hypocrisy and shatter your facade with truths, your feelings be damned.

So, don't ever take hoodie's kindness for weakness, because behind her smiling eyes I stand in the shadows. Watching, scrutinizing, and taking notes. Ready to deconstruct you on a moments' notice. Without restraint.

My name is Annie, and I'm that bitch your momma warned you about.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

No comments :

Post a Comment